Amongst all of the places to eat in the Gulch, find a quick bite with refreshments to pair at Turnip Truck!
WHERE TO EAT
For a relatively small area, The Gulch is home to some of Nashville’s tastiest and trendiest restaurants. You’ll find Virago’s creative and shareable sushi and Moto’s fresh and indulgent pasta selections. Also calling The Gulch home is local barbecue favorite Peg Leg Porker. Kayne Prime and STK offer a high-end steakhouse atmosphere, while Sunda brings flavors of Southeast Asian flavors, and The Gumbo Bros infuses a little Cajun comfort. Read on for a complete list!
- 404 Kitchen: This European-influenced restaurant is excellent for a night out when guests are in town. Chef Matt Bolus creates consistently delicious menus, and his reputation precedes him.
- Adele’s: Don’t leave without a taste of their famous kale salad and JW potatoes. This spot is great for groups, and we always recommend ordering multiple dishes so you can taste a little bit of everything.
- Bar Louie: Grab a cocktail and order from a menu of elevated bar favorites like burgers, flatbreads, and loaded tots. This gastropub has a great patio, complete with a fire pit!
- Biscuit Love: Risk it for the biscuit! No, really, prepare to wait in line for a taste of those famous “bonuts” or the hidden menu item: The Nasty Princess, a hot chicken biscuit topped with sausage gravy.
- Burger Republic: As you’d expect, you’ll find plenty of inventive burgers (and veggie burgers!) on the menu here. But don’t leave without a taste of the Nashville hot tots.
- Carne Mare: Located in W Nashville, Carne Mare is a contemporary Italian chophouse that wows. Chef Andrew brings his experience in Emilia-Romagna, Italy, to the table with menu highlights like octopus carpaccio, salt-baked sea bass wrapped in fig leaves, and porchetta-spiced roast prime rib.
- The Chef & I: The husband-wife duo behind The Chef & I brings an immersive dinner experience and fantastic tasting menu to the Gulch.
- The Dutch: Also located in W Nashville, The Dutch is the brainchild of Chef Andrew Carmellini, Josh Pickard, and Luke Ostrom — the trio behind New York City’s beloved Italian taverna, Locanda Verde. The menu is a carefully curated selection of dishes that range from American classics to unique options like Smoked Ricotta Ravioli and Pecan Duck with Dirty Rice.
- Del Frisco’s Grille: Enjoy modern American cuisine, warm hospitality, and delectable drinks in a cozy atmosphere. This sophisticated dining option is conveniently located in the heart of Nashville, right next to the Gulch.
- Emmy Squared: Serving Detroit-style pizza, this New York-founded restaurant has made a splash in the Nashville restaurant scene. Try the hot chicken pizza or the hot chicken wedge if you’re looking for some Music City-style heat.
- The Gumbo Bros: For a taste of the deep South right here in Nashville, The Gumbo Bros is the place to go. Before a night out, it’s a great place to fill up on hearty Cajun comfort foods like gumbo, fried seafood, and po’boy sandwiches. (If you’re feeling adventurous, go for the fried Louisiana alligator.)
- Iberian Pig: The Atlanta favorite recently opened in the Gulch, serving tastes of Spain in an eclectic and social space! Find traditional charcutería, queso, tapas, and more on the menu.
- Kayne Prime: Known as one of Nashville’s best steakhouses, Kayne Prime promises an exquisite experience whether you grab a drink and apps at the bar or settle in for a multi-course meal.
- Luogo: Restauranteur Anthony Scotto brings upscale Italian fare to the heart of the Gulch with Luogo. Find his iconic dishes on the menu, as well as Mediterranean-coastal style cuisine at this location.
- Marsh House: Light and bright, the restaurant inside the Thompson Hotel has made a name for itself as a seafood destination in Nashville. Enjoy brunch, happy hour, or dinner here.
- Milk & Honey: Hailing from Chattanooga with rave reviews, Milk & Honey offers a little bit of everything. Serving brunch, breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee, and juice, there’s not much you can’t find!
- Moto: This Italian restaurant has an extensive wine list and homemade pasta. Don’t miss the crispy artichokes or strozzapreti pasta with lobster, Boursin cream, and yuzu butter bread crumbs.
- Otaku Ramen: Where slurping is allowed! Order a bowl of Tennessee Tonkotsu and warm up from the inside out.
- Party Fowl: If it’s hot chicken you want, Party Fowl is your place. You can find everything from a hot chicken po’boy to hot chicken poutine on the menu.
- Peg Leg Porker: With barbecue that’s smoked fresh every day and Southern sides made with love, Peg Leg Porker serves mouth-watering meals. Enjoy a boozy slush alongside your BBQ!
- The Pub: At the corner of 11th and Pine, you’ll find The Pub, an authentic English eatery with a cozy and bustling atmosphere. They offer a full menu of favorites like fish and chips, but it’s also a great spot for grabbing a beer and watching the game.
- Saint Añejo: For Mexican and margaritas, head to Saint Añejo. They have a great happy hour and serve brunch on the weekends (hello, breakfast tacos!).
- Sambuca: A Nashville mainstay, Sambuca has been around since long before The Gulch became the happening, tourist-friendly destination it is today. They offer various updated American classics in a cozy lounge atmosphere, plus live music every day.
- Snooze A.M. Eatery: Flip the script on breakfast. Snooze in the Gulch boasts a unique menu of responsibly sourced fare and Gourmet coffee options.
- STK: Try STK for a scene-y steakhouse with a more lively atmosphere. The menu includes far more than just steaks. Like pancake stacks you can only dream of.
- St. Vito Focacceria: This is the only place in Nashville that serves Sicilian-style pizzas called “sfincione.” Light, crispy, and mouth-watering, this pizza is like nothing you’ve ever tasted!
- Stock & Barrel: Burgers and bourbon are the reasons to visit Stock & Barrel. A long list ensures you’ll find a favorite of them both.
- Sunda: In the heart of The Gulch, Sunda serves up modern interpretations of dishes from all over Southeast Asia.
- Superica: Offering up a fun atmosphere (complete with a large outdoor patio), Superica specializes in Tex-Mex favorites like nachos, fajitas, tamales, and a selection of creative margarita options. Their guacamole is not to be missed!!
- Virago: Located between Moto and Saint Añejo, the sexy space serves the sushi we’ve loved since they were still in Midtown. Trust us, order the crispy rice and spicy tuna!
The Gulch is home to its fair share of fine dining, but there are plenty of options for a quick-service stop to fuel your explorations, too.
- Calle Taco: Street tacos are always a good idea. The quaint Nashville location boasts excellent food, tequila, and service — but the steak fajitas, shrimp tacos, and al pastor are truly divine!
- The Co-Op Frosé and Eatery: This adorable Island Cafe serves up $1 coffee, gourmet sandwiches, and of course, their World Famous Frosé! And in true Gulch fashion, there are plenty of photo-ops to be had inside.
- E+ROSE Wellness Cafe: Ideal if you’re looking for a nutritious energy boost, E+ROSE offers healthy lunch options like salads, superfood bowls, picture-perfect layered toasts, plus a selection of smoothies and fresh juices.
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop: If you’re exploring Nashville on foot and want to keep the momentum going, the hearty sandwich selection at Potbelly is a great option.
- Taziki’s: With several locations around Nashville, Taziki’s offers a super fresh menu of Mediterranean-inspired options like gyros, Greek salads, skewers, and more.
- Turnip Truck: Turnip Truck is more than just a grocery store. Their hot bar, salad bar, juice bar, and deli provide options for any meal of the day.